Friday 30 March 2012

Rice paper rolls.




I make rice paper rolls pretty regularly as they're delicious, healthy and light.
Awesome for dinner, awesome for lunch - yes indeed.
I serve with a few dipping sauces;
  • Sweet chilli
  • Satay
  • Chilli, ginger and garlic (from my Indian grocer)
  • Soy, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and chilli flakes
I change up what goes in the rice paper rolls depending on what's in the fridge/what I remember to bring home from the grocery store.
This is the standard filling;
  • Lettuce
  • Vermicilli noodles
  • Cucumber
  • Carrot
  • Marinated fried tofu/tempeh sticks (this was teriyaki tempeh)
  • Fresh red chilli
  • Crushed peanuts
  • Coriander
  • Squeeze of lime juice
They're a little tricky to roll (cause the paper is sticky and hates mistakes) but once you get going they become easier.
Now the countdown 'til lunch begins... 


No comments:

Post a Comment