Friday 28 September 2012

Dragon Bowls.


Okay so my house mate made this for me after I'd come home raving about the Yong dragon bowls.
I was all "oh my god you can not top it, it was so good! Need it in my daily life!"
She was like "eat this" *presents home-made dragon bowl*
I eat it, along with my words.
NOTHING TOPS THESE BOWLS!
They are that rare combination of epic deliciousness AND healthiness...
They own me.
The soft rice, the crisp salty garlic tofu, the fresh salad, the warm citrusy miso dressing... perfection.

Ingredients - serves 4;

Bowl
 • Grain of choice (I use brown rice but quinoa or even noodles would work well also)
• 1 block of firm tofu, diced
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• Shredded greens of your choice (I used iceberg lettuce this time for some crunch but spinach, cabbage, rocket would all work)
• 1 large or 2 small carrots, grated
• 1 large beetroot, grated
• 1 packet of alfalfa
• Sesame seeds, for serving

Dressing
• 1 orange, juiced
• 2 tbs lemon juice
• 1/2 cup miso soup
• 1/2 cup oil of choice (I used peanut)
• 2" piece of ginger, minced


Method

• Cook your grain, set aside.
• Fry tofu in soy sauce until golden (about 15mins on a medium heat).
• Add garlic and fry for a further 5mins. I am known to continually add more dashes of soy sauce to keep the pan from being too burny/dry (also I am addicted to salt). Once sufficiently browned, set aside. 
• Blend all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
• Assemblage time! Layer grain, then greens, tofu then veggies. Pour over dressing and top with sesame seeds.
• NOM TIME! 

This is creepy good you guys, like, almost my favorite thing to eat in the entire world and we ALL know how much I love eating... :D

.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! You could add some flamin' chilli to give it the Dragon factor. ;)

    ReplyDelete