Monday 4 November 2013

IL GOBBO.

Okay so something pretty exciting happened last Friday night. IL GOBBO opened, in ESSENDON! YAY! We moved from Brunswick to Essendon a few months ago and man does it suck leaving all the noms. We pretty much downgraded to a crappy IGA that stocks nothing interesting and a milk bar that is never open...

THEN we heard about new vegan place IL GOBBO and had to see it to believe it. Oh my god.

I got The Spot Burger - meat, cheese, bacon, onion, pickles, ketchup and mayo. The chips were fresh made which was a little too exciting for me. Actual potatoes cut up and fried instead of a bag of frozen chips. Man they were awesome. The burger... was actually the best vegan burger I've ever had. It was very LOTF but better. The bacon was not facon, thank god and actually had flavour and texture. I was immediately happy to live so close and very afraid to live so close.



Tess got The Bogan Burger (of which you can only see bun - sorry) - chicken, herbed mayo, lettuce, beetroot, pineapple and cheese. She says it was absolutely delicious. I was too busy scoffing my Spot Burger to steal a taste.


I already spent the whole weekend raving about this place and am waiting for the first moment I can sneak back. Do this guys, seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Cool, I've never heard of this place! Must make the trip out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you haven't heard about it, the Abyssinian on Racecourse Rd (not far from essendon) does African food and the entirety of the vegetarian option (which is large) is actually Vegan! the chef is vegan and they have a split kitchen... My reckomendation is to go when you're very hungry and share the chef's selection platter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma! I have heard of the Abyssinian but I've never been! I work just off Racecourse Road too so will have to keep it in mind (if I can ever tear myself away from Laksa King/Chef Lagenda!) Thanks :)

    Cindy - YOU MUST GO. We went on opening night and I'm pretty sure we were the first ever customers... lol. Keen much? Food was fantastic and dudes running it were lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thanks, I am SO THERE. Thanks Emma for mentioning Abyssinian, I'm SO THERE as well. Wheee!

    ReplyDelete